Of all kinds of interviews, the one I detest most, has to be the "Phone Interview". For once, I really wish technology hadn't advanced that much.
For one, you're worried sick all day. You're too scared to sleep coz you might just miss the phone call and with my history of missing calls, I can't let go of my cellphone even for a minute.
It's amazing.. the kind of things you think of, while waiting for that dreaded call.
What if, your interviewer on the other end, puts you on the speaker phone.. and you are totally oblivious to his entire project team crowding around the phone, listening to you fumbling, trying to explain the fundamentals of Object Oriented Programing. I can just picture them, holding on to their sides, bursting into squeals of laughter ..and if that team is anything like the previous team I worked in, this topic would be the butt of all jokes for weeks to come.. over breakfast, lunch and dinner.
What if, in my frenzy to comprehend the question, forget to put on an american-like accent and instead come out with the worst possible kandu accent.. "excuse me.. i didn't get you i say..Verilogaaa..Codingaaa?" At that very instant, a reject letter would be mailed out to me.
What if, I had a boyfriend, and he chose that very moment to let me know how much he missed me by giving me a spate of missed calls. (Aww.. so sweet! but this is NOT a good time!! ).
I should perhaps be studying for the interview right now rather than worrying myself with inconsequential things. Bbye..
Tuesday, March 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

16 comments:
It feels so comfortable when you r on the other side:)
I am already loving it.
is harshit trying to say he's been interviewing people!!?? i wonder if its the same harshit i know!
anyways back to your blog.... i guess your worrying unnecessarily bout phone intws... get a load of this okay..--> you can actually keep that silly look of urs, fidget with whatever you can lay ur hands on... and of course use the rakesh-im-waiting-for-my-appraisal hand action !!!
nobody's watching !! :)
what bout this... your intwr calls.. you go like "Hiiiiiiii" .... :P
okay okay full marks to you !
It is the harshit we know! :) Harshit, you better remember how you felt when you were being interviewed! So don't ask those kids complex java questions.
Anas.. i do not fidget! :P
damn.. of all people, you had to be there when i asked rakesh that!
Great blog:D...eggzhactly my thoughts...
You know what is also annoying about US phone interviews...there you are trying to put on the aforementioned accent and talking about even how you play Minesweeper with a "Situation, Task, Action, Result' format...the person on the other line makes absolutely no sound like ' uh huh' or 'hmmm' signifiying they are listening. I have had it happen many times that I thought they simply hung up!!!
Anyway...all the best for your interviews...I am sure you will do well:D:D:D
As long as there are no flushing sounds in the background...
Now i think i should know more about the "rakesh-im-waiting-for-my-appraisal" incident/accident.
Will somebody explain!!!!
I call up ppl with may more work ex than mine and somehow they seem to recognize this fact.. in the end, i end up sounding more apologetic and clearing most of them. It's another thing that my manager rejects most in the second round ;D
Oh btw, why u cribbing abt telephonic interviews? u still in 1st yr as far as i can remember!
wow..someones started to blog...that 2 nice ones..good going
LOL.... i'm still waiting for that dreaded phone call, but no luck on the internship scene yet :( good luck with your "hunt"! :)
hey shreya!
nice blog..:)all the best for the interviews!!
and wht is all this "rakesh-im-waiting-for-my-appraisal" stuff??!! ;-)
do let me know too! :P
Guys,
So the common mail front has changed to the blog front. Well, I m happy to know that Harshit is conducting interviews [ though i pity the people who are gonna face the embarrassment when they come prepared for the interview, and lose their morale after Harshit's questions ]. Probably best time for CRMers in Blore to think bout joining SAP.
telephonic interview it seems!!! "...bade bade deshon main aisii choti choti batein hoti rehti hain....!!!" :D :D
so enjoy interviews ameerikkaa ishtyle...!!! :)
Started taking telephonic also...this one is more hilarious...
Tres Facile :) ..thats Manu with his French
I feel your pain...my team has eliminated so many good candidates because we didn't get a good "vibe" (?!) during the telephone interview. cruel world! :-( Thanks for visiting my blog. keep visiting.
nice one.. i esp liked ur latest post
Post a Comment